When you hear your cat purring in your lap or your dog whimper when you leave for work, you can observe that these animals have feelings, thoughts and needs.
Spend a day with a farm animal, and you’ll quickly learn that they too are sensitive and social beings. Cows, pigs, chickens, and other farm animals feel joy and pain just like the cats and dogs we know a bit better.
Sadly, animals used for food are treated horribly. A system called factory farming produces 99% of the animals that end up on your plate. On factory farms, many animals:
- Live in cages so small they can barely move
- Have their tails, beaks, or toes cut off without pain relief
- Are in chronic pain, even though they are very young
- Live inside massive factories and never see the light of day
The good news? When you eat meat-free meals, you make the world a better place for farm animals.
Each vegetarian saves:
- 30 land animals per year
- 200+ fish per year (including small fish used to feed the larger fish most people eat)
Saving animals is one more reason why eating meat-free feels great!
About Farm Sanctuary
V-lish is a project of Farm Sanctuary. Farm Sanctuary has saved thousands of animals from the brutal factory farming industry. These animals live safe and happy lives at Farm Sanctuary’s three shelters located in Watkins Glen, New York, Orland, California, and just outside of Los Angeles. You can learn more about the rescued animals who call Farm Sanctuary home below or by visiting farmsanctuary.org